When we join the United Methodist Church, we vow to support it with our prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness. But sometimes, our good intentions get lost in the day-to-day hustle and bustle of life. As a church, how are we doing with our promises? Can you help fill in the blanks? Here are some ways that you could be of service to others: serve as an usher, become a church closer, teach or assist with a Sunday School Class or volunteer for the mowing team. Contact the church office to volunteer! 440-526-8938 or firstname.lastname@example.org
UMW continues to collect Labels for Education and Box Tops! Save the UPC code from Campbell products, Post cereals, Pepperidge Farm products, Emerald snacks, and others. Labels can be placed in the bins in the FH coat room. These labels are sent to Henderson Settlement Mission in Frakes, KY.
Brookside Food Center disperses meals to local families in need. The success of their program depends on the kindness and generosity of people like you!
On the third Friday of each month, our United Methodist Women deliver our donations to Brookside. Please help us fill the bin in the coat room with food like:
Pasta and pasta sauce
Tuna and other canned fish
Other healthy non-perishable foods!
Paper products, such as napkins and paper towels, are also greatly appreciated.
Your contributions make a world of difference to families in need.
Volunteer with the Greater Cleveland Food Bank March 11
Come spend a Saturday morning with your church family helping our hungry neighbors, March 11.
Each volunteer will need to create a Volunteer Profile and RSVP to your event by following the instructions below. Please note that volunteers who do not RSVP will not be able to sign-in when they arrive for their scheduled event.
Please follow these instructions to register online for this event:
1. Visit the Greater Cleveland Food Bank event registration page: http://cerv.is/m?0136gtVQaBe
2. Click on the "Register" button at the bottom of the page.
3. Follow the on screen instructions to access the CERVIS registration system. If this is your first time using the CERVIS online registration system, you will be prompted to create a Volunteer Profile.
4. Once you have successfully signed into the system (or created a profile, if needed) you will automatically be registered for this event and receive a confirmation E-mail.
5. If you would like to register additional individuals for this event, please select their name from the list and enter the code below into the "Event Registration Code" field. Next, click the "Register for selected event" button to complete the additional registration.
Event Registration Code: tVQaBe
During the month of April, the United Methodist Women will be collecting donations of underwear, bras, and socks for the Westside Community House West Side Sisterhood. The items are for girls age 10 to 18. If you are moved to give, please bring your donations to the collection box in the coat room. Need more info? Contact Gretchen Mates: 440-526-6481.
West Side Sisterhood is an after-school and summer arts program that prepares girls ages 10 - 18 from Cleveland’s west side for womanhood and their life beyond. Sisterhood fosters a belief in girls’ self-worth based on their skills, unique talents, and spirituality rather than on appearance, popularity, sexuality or negative gender and racial stereotypes. Sisterhood encourages and challenges young women to be strong and independent, to exercise self-discipline, to respect themselves and one another, to value education, and to know when and how to give help and receive it.
Worship Hours through May
8:45 am Contemporary Worship
11:15 am Traditional Service
"Whoever you are; in whatever faith you were born, whatever creed you profess, if you come to this house to find God, you are welcome." --John Wesley
© 2017 Brecksville United Methodist Church • 65 Public Square, Brecksville, Ohio 44141 • 440-526-8938 •